Thursday, August 17, 2006

Windows and roof felt

As you can see, the house continues to mature. Inside, we've had heating ducts and fire-sprinklers installed. Outside, we've done more windows and the roof felt. We might even have roof tile - but I don't know yet. Next week, we wire for A/V and security, insulate and dry-wall. Exciting but there is a long way to go.



I had my first disappointment which was that the kitchen and breakfast nook have very little natural light and feel quite dark. Deniz, our builder is working on some ideas to get natural light from the garage ceiling or playroom into the breakfast nook. Hopefully tomorrow, when I visit the job site, we'll have some ideas to discuss.

It was funny - during this visit, one of the master carpenters showed me the roof vents and attic fan. He asked if the roof vents were ok. They're rounded and aluminum. I said as long as they are painted to match the roof and not highly visible, they're fine. Then he asked where I wanted the attic fan. My answer was - in the attic. I have no idea. It looked a little small to visibly cool the house, but we shall see.

No comments: