Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Definitely ThermadON'T

To continue the saga of the Thermador...last week, a pleasant customer service representative at Thermador told me that they would be replacing my useless fridge with one that worked and that they would be responsible for the custom panels and custom cabinet removal and re-installation - with a target date of January 11. While this date was another week off, at least we had resolution...I thought.

It's January 10 and I haven't heard from Thermador about delivery and installation. Seeing as I don't generally sit around the hosue waiting for deliveries every day, I thought it might be good to call. Upon reaching someone (10 minutes on hold this time), I was told that the replacement was approved (how nice) but that the unit was back-ordered and they had no idea when it would be delivered.

For a timeline reminder - we moved in on Dec.23. This was supposed to be our primary refridgeration for the house. It's currently a balmy 70 degrees in there (warmer by 20 degrees than the Bay Area). I asked Thermador what they were planning to do to stop inconveniencing my family - and suggested that they deliver a 48" fridge for us to use until the proper fridge (custom panels, external ice maker) was available. This seems reasonable. Alternatively, they can refund the full cost of the fridge and the panels and we can purchase one from a vendor more interested in supporting their products and customers.

So - be warned...don't buy a fridge from Thermador. Their customer service people are very nice, but are not allowed to provide compelling service for their high margin products.

No comments: